Custom Mode suggestions thread
Over the last month we've had custom modes I've floated some ideas for future potential modes and wanted to make a place for myself and others to suggest them. Feel free to add more suggestions or iterate on my ideas in this thread!

Whiplash

15 or 25 matches

A game mode featuring alternating intense 1st Division/1800+ rated matches and decisively not as intense 5th Division/sub 1300 rated matches.

Bonus Exhibitions

15 matches

This mode would have a slight chance of appearing (say like 5 or 10%) and grant us with extra exhibitions. In the event exhibs get skipped this could also be immediately re-rolled as well (or just skip straight to matchmaking is fine too.)

Author Showcase

15 - 20 matches

Matchmaking that picks 3 to 5 authors and features their characters versus others in traditional matchmaking. The amount of authors featured would be dependent on how many characters there are to pick from, to avoid picking 3 smaller authors and getting a bunch of repeats.

Lightning Round

30 Matches, no 3/4 turn matches.

Taking advantage of the upcoming SSD upgrade, this would operate with a tournament balance but with matchmaking-style matches instead of a normal tournament (since they use a nonstandard ruleset, matches won't affect division/rating). Matches are best of 3, run twice as fast, and have a 10 second betting time. No time to carefully weigh your options, bet FAST, bet NOW.
Question 
Would a game mode comprised of nothing but 15 matches of F Division characters battling out to test the strength of each and see who rises at the top with highest streak be a good addition? this shouldn't necessarily make them promote still without winning a The Great Escape tourney bracket whenever a regular tourney ends.
Whiplash and Bonus Exhibitions seem fine to me.
Author showcase can't realistically be done without a full tagging system, as various authors are too hard to really quantify (think of AI tags).
I've had ideas of a lightning round type of thing before, although not in a tournament context. I don't like the idea of matches running faster than they already do however. If you implement this, I think it has to just be that matches are instead BO1 or possibly BO3. If you really want to go "lightning speed" I could also set it so that intro and outro are always skipped.
(10-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Arxos Wrote: Whiplash and Bonus Exhibitions seem fine to me.
Author showcase can't realistically be done without a full tagging system, as various authors are too hard to really quantify (think of AI tags).
I've had ideas of a lightning round type of thing before, although not in a tournament context. I don't like the idea of matches running faster than they already do however. If you implement this, I think it has to just be that matches are instead BO1 or possibly BO3. If you really want to go "lightning speed" I could also set it so that intro and outro are always skipped.

time to crank up cheat engine and 2x Kappa