Stage Submission Guidelines
Stages should be sent to spriteclubtv+stages@gmail.com.
  1. Please verify if your stage runs correctly on MUGEN version 1.1b4 with OpenGL renderer and 4:3 resolution. Generally speaking it's mostly the 4:3 resolution that needs to be checked.
  2. Don't include any stage music in your submission, those will just be deleted anyway. Simply ZIP all the stages into one archive with a single folder and mail the download link. Do not put each stage in it's own folder.
These two are the most important requirements. Furthermore, there are a number of criteria that I look for when judging stages, which I detailed below. If you want, you're free to go through these yourself to save me some time. They may seem strict, but judging a stage only takes a few seconds thanks to some tools I have set up. Therefore, don't be too concerned about all these criteria. I'd rather you just send me your stages than get overly concerned about verifying all your stages and end up not sending anything.
  1. No weird starting positions like this.
  2. No high standing height stages like this.
  3. No overly saturated stages like this.
  4. Any stage width is fine as long as it's not smaller than the screen width like this.
  5. No overly dumb stages like this.
  6. The stage shouldn't overly obscure characters like this.
  7. Make sure your stage doesn't contain too much movement or overly small, repeating patterns, these severely degrade stream quality. The main offender of this tends to be rain like this.
  8. Lastly, this page displays all stages on the roster, including the ones that aren't used in matchmaking/requests. I'll be happy if you check for duplicates, but you shouldn't waste too much time on this.
Also, feel free to ask why a stage on the list I linked last is banned.