StarCraft betting is now live!
Hello any newcomers from StarCraft!

I am Arxos, creator of SpriteClub. You'll generally find me under the username "Erxos4" on Twitch (confusing, I know!).

SpriteClub is a site that was previously a betting site solely dedicated to certain live Twitch events (primarily fighting game related ones, but also events such as Games Done Quick and E3) as well as M.U.G.E.N betting.
This changes now! SpriteClub has been extended to interface with the SSCAIT stream's API, allowing it to support fully automated bets for the SSCAIT stream.

A few things you may like to know:
  • Currently you earn 3x normal XP on the StarCraft site, due to the longer matches.
  • AlwaysWhale and NeverDucky are in-house bots designed to prevent 1 dollar cash grabs and infinity odds by always going all in on both sides randomly.
  • The bets remain open for 90 seconds. Currently this does not account for any potential stream restarts, so don't wait with your bets in case a restart occurs!
  • Please inform me a stream restart causes a problem (e.g. next match changes while the bets are open) as this part isn't very well tested yet.
  • If anything else goes wrong, please inform me as well of course!

Furthermore, a number of site basics, explained in the M.U.G.E.N FAQ as well:

What is this stream?
Student StarCraft AI Tournament is an educational event, held annually since 2011. Students of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science submit the bots programmed in C++ or Java using BWAPI to play 1v1 SC:Brood War matches.
The SSCAIT stream is hosted at https://www.twitch.tv/sscait by SSCAIT. SpriteClub is merely using it to host bets and is not personally involved with the streaming process.

Can I get more info on the SSCAIT organisation?
Absolutely! SSCAIT has its own site over at https://sscaitournament.com/ that lists much more information about what the stream is about and how it functions.
This site includes a page that lists all bots, which can be found here. There, you can also vote on which bot you'd like to see duke it out next on-stream.

Is this real money?
No, all the money is fake.
Furthermore, a bailout is in place, a minimum amount that you cannot drop under. In other words, you can't go broke!
Your bailout amount is based on your level, read more below.

Experience
Experience is earned from betting on matches.
For each bet you gain at least 1 XP. If you win, you will also get XP equal to the odds on that fight (so if your payout is 4x your bet amount, you will gain 4 XP).
Lastly, your winstreak acts as a multiplier on XP earned. For every winstreak, XP earned is increased by 50%.

Levels
Once enough experience is earned, you'll gain a level. Levels affect your bailout.
Your bailout is equal to 185 + 15 * level (=200 on level 1) for matchmaking and tournaments.

How do I set my avatar?
SpriteClub is integrated with Gravatar. Simply sign up for Gravatar with the same e-mail address as you've registered with on SpriteClub and you'll be able to change your avatar.

Profile options
SpriteClub users have a number of customisation options. For one, SpriteClub will automatically ping you whenever a match opens for betting. The volume for this can be controlled in your profile, found by clicking on your name in the top right.
There are other settings in your profile as well, so check them out!

I hope you will enjoy your stay here and try out the other parts that this site has to offer.

Messages In This Thread
StarCraft betting is now live! - by Arxos - 10-08-2017, 07:33 AM