Spriteclub
How to log match results to text file in MUGEN 1.1? - Printable Version

+- Spriteclub (https://forums.spriteclub.tv)
+-- Forum: SpriteClub Forums (https://forums.spriteclub.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: M.U.G.E.N (https://forums.spriteclub.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How to log match results to text file in MUGEN 1.1? (/showthread.php?tid=112)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How to log match results to text file in MUGEN 1.1? - Arxos - 05-05-2018

For the time logging to the file I just use Stopwatch.GetTimestamp(). I think the implementation that uses is the number of nanoseconds since January 1st, 1970, but I may be mistaken.
I can print the current date as well, but if you're planning to parse it with a program somehow then a number like that is usually easier to work with than a human-readable timestamp.

The time value is in theory simple, as that is already done by SpriteClub. Problem is, SpriteClub's code sometimes fails to find it, and I don't know why.

As for the others, I'm not sure how to do those right now. Match stuff is fairly easy, because its always in the same place within mugen. It always stores the same stuff in the same place, cause matches are always the same.

But characters aren't like that. Each character is different, and evidently mugen likes storing stuff at different locations for each character. I'll probably try my hand at it some more tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I have the cheat engine wizardry skills required to figure this stuff out. There's probably some pattern to it, but...

RE: How to log match results to text file in MUGEN 1.1? - TheArcadeStriker - 06-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 07:28 AM)Arxos Wrote: For the time logging to the file I just use Stopwatch.GetTimestamp(). I think the implementation that uses is the number of nanoseconds since January 1st, 1970, but I may be mistaken.
I can print the current date as well, but if you're planning to parse it with a program somehow then a number like that is usually easier to work with than a human-readable timestamp.

The time value is in theory simple, as that is already done by SpriteClub. Problem is, SpriteClub's code sometimes fails to find it, and I don't know why.

As for the others, I'm not sure how to do those right now. Match stuff is fairly easy, because its always in the same place within mugen. It always stores the same stuff in the same place, cause matches are always the same.

But characters aren't like that. Each character is different, and evidently mugen likes storing stuff at different locations for each character. I'll probably try my hand at it some more tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I have the cheat engine wizardry skills required to figure this stuff out. There's probably some pattern to it, but...
Thanks, and don't stress out too much on this; this is a already great thing to have. I think that if there is a flag for the win type (eg: a value written that determines timeout/super/normal and if it was perfect), then you could just print that in the log instead of the health value.

RE: How to log match results to text file in MUGEN 1.1? - SanjiSasuke - 14-05-2018

What a crazy coincidence! I was just looking for something like this for a project I am working on.
So I set up a little batch file that opens MUGEN via command line (Quick VS for one match) then runs the same as your batch file with -v and -p. My only question is if there is a way to have:
  • The cmd window hidden so a player cannot see it
  • If not at least have the window disappear after the match?
  • On a lesser note, I would also be curious about health remaining and time remaining. I know the old log function tracked those and they would be useful for things like perfects/timeouts.
Like ArcadeStriker I don't know much about C# (really anything at all, only basic coding stuff, nothing C#), but I'm very grateful for the tool.